Cervélo doesn’t embrace new technology just because it’s available and popular. Integrating disc brakes into the Tour de France-winning R3 meant a lot more than simply slapping them on. First, the technology had to be on track for UCI approval — the R3 is a renowned road-racing force, after all. Then they repeatedly tested to ensure the optimal balance in aerodynamics, weight, stiffness and all the other factors that separate Cervélo from the competition. The result is an R3 proven pedigree with disc-brake technology that has improved stiffness, handling, safety, and control.
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- Future-proof cable management: Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems
- Carbon dropouts: Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal
saddle and the pedals
- Evolved steerer design: Applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model for precision handling
- Squoval tube shapes: Ultra-light shapes allow Cervelo engineers to "dial in" the weight-saving, aero, stiffness, and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame
|Fork||Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered R3 Fork for Disc|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"|
|Bottom Bracket||Compatible with PF30|
|Seat Post||Cervelo Carbon SP19|
* Subject to change without notice.